The Qmee Privacy Promise
Our whole premise is built upon putting real people first. We understand the growing concerns around privacy and want to make it clear that what we're building is, in some ways an answer, to that.
The Qmee browser app:
The Qmee app only operates when you have signed up to the Qmee service and agreed to the terms and conditions. If you not wish to sign up the app will not operate or send any data.
As part of its normal operation the app sends some personal user data.
- The app sends us your search terms and product views across major search engines, major retail sites and other sites with search functionality so that we can display additional relevant search results.
- If you click on a Qmee result the app will send browsing activity, limited to web page address, on only the target site and for a limited time so that we can ensure that we reward users who have a real interest in the search result.
- All communication between the Qmee app and our servers is encrypted.
- We do not track any other browsing activity.
- We don't store any data on your general browsing habits; only your search terms.
- We will only track pages you view on a website if you have clicked directly from a Qmee result, and then only for a limited time.
- We are 100% respectful of your browser privacy settings. The app does not operate in incognito or privacy mode unless you give explicit permission.
- We do not access or alter in any way your browsers' settings, cookies or other private information
We want Qmee to be unique in its approach to business. We want to give people something that they can trust, value and ultimately get the same rewards as big brands do through your time spent online. We're constantly looking to improve, so if you have any recommendations of concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
The code for the Qmee Chrome app is completely open for you to view. You'll find the code in the following locations: