Who we are
Qmee Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 07455925), whose registered office is at 3 Wesley Gate, Queens Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 4AP.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information we collect about you
In order for you to use our service, we will need to collect the following personal information from you:
- your e-mail address;
- your country of residence;
- your Paypal account details;
- your search history and details of sponsored links that you click on when using our service; and
- details of your behaviour on the sites linked to by our service, namely the pages you browse and for how long you browse those pages.
You may voluntarily submit the following additional personal information:
- your name;
- your age and sex;
- your town of residence; and
- your postal address, phone and fax details.
How we may store and use your information
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- to make our service, including this website, available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to provide you with sponsored search results which we think may interest you via our software;
- to make payments to you or to third parties on your instructions via this website;
- to assess whether you are abusing our service contrary to our terms and conditions;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- where you have given us your consent, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest you; and
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
We may also collect anonymised details about users of our service, including visitors to our website and users of our software, for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or partners, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their sponsored link on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers or partners reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1 or a US ZIP code). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their sponsored links to that target audience.
Please note that when you take part in a survey, the survey partner who operates it may ask you for information (including but not limited to your year of birth, postcode or ZIP code, gender and survey responses). You acknowledge that, by submitting the survey, any such information will be shared with the survey partner. More information is provided below.
Qmee may share your personal information and/or social-demographic information, including, without limitation, a unique identification number (“UID”), postal code, gender, marital status, education, ethnicity/race (where permitted by applicable law), employment related information, and non-personally identifiable information on household members, with third party sample/market research companies (individually each a “Third Party MR Company” and collectively the “Third Party MR Companies”) for the following purposes:
Identifying client survey opportunities that you may be eligible for through the Third Party MR Companies; and
Disclosing such data elements to clients of the Third Party MR Companies for audience measurement services; and
Appending such data elements to completed client surveys and delivering the appended survey data to clients of the Third Party MR Company(ies) for analytical or research purposes.
If you have any questions about this data sharing please contact us on email@example.com You can opt-out by requesting to be opted out from surveys, or for your account be closed. If you opt-out, it is the responsibility of us to inform the Third Party MR Companies. Please note that Qmee is solely liable and responsible for managing all opt-out requests. Your participation in such survey opportunities does not entitle you to any benefits offered by, or membership with, the Third Party MR Companies.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to close your user account and remove all of the personal data that we hold about you, other than data that we are required to hold under statute;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us by e-mail at the address specified above.
Third party sites